Mother’s Day in Edina
Dark skies have finally cleared up, so put on a happy face. It’s nearly time to leave the jackets behind as we embrace a week of sunshine-filled days!
Right through the weekend, Mother Nature takes care of our moms with weather just perfect for getting out with her or the whole family. Brunch, of course, is a tested and true start to the day, and you can still grab a table at select hotspots:
- Red Cow Restaurant & Bar – 9:00 AM-2:00 PM. Four sweet and savory, sharable courses.
- Edina Grill – 7:00 AM-3:00 PM. A family-style affair featuring Chantilly Cream French Toast, Gouda Hash, and other innovative brunch selections.
Don’t dine and dash, though. Keep the love alive and the day going strong with good times in and around home. You’ll find events scattered across the day and extended weekend. The range of times, places, and activities means you can organize one or many get-togethers in celebration of mom.
- Mom & Me Pansy Pot Creation – 5:30-7:00 PM, Thursday, May 11 at Centennial Lakes Park
- Edina Garden Council Plant Sale – Opens at 10:00 AM, Friday & Saturday, May 11-12 at Arneson Acres Park
- The Flower Bar – 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, Saturday, May 13 at Galleria
- 25th Annual Twin Cities Race for the Cure – 7:25-9:15 Start Times, Sunday, May 14 at Southdale Center. Walkers and runners welcome.
Enticed by Edina
Area Events & Happenings
With Taste of Edina kicking off an early weekend this Thursday night, it will be tough to finish out that last day of the workweek. Still, it’s tough to ignore the lure of top area chefs who will gather at The Westin Edina Galleria to share their signatures and culinary innovations. Salut Bar will be there. Pittsburgh Blue, too. So will the area’s best breweries and over thirty of their designer suds.
Of course, you can always grab mom for Taste of or any other community event for an outside-the-box, Mother’s Day treat. With last-minute Leno tickets, live local music, and more within easy reach, there’s no competing with Edina’s versatility and range!
- Taste of Edina – 4:30-7:30, Thursday, May 11 at The Westin Edina Galleria
- Jay Leno at PACER’s Annual Event – 6:00 PM, Saturday, May 13 at Minneapolis Convention Center
- Northern Winds Concert Band– 7:00 PM, Sunday, May 14 at Edinborough Park
When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.